The Finnish Ski Area Association (FSAA) has published recommendations regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) for ski resorts and their customers.
Health and safety of customers and employees are the main priority for all ski resorts under FSAA. Given the rapidly evolving situation concerning the coronavirus, the Finnish Ski Resort Association is keeping things under continuous review and is cooperating with the authorities.
Recommendations of the Finnish Ski Resort Association for ski resorts and their clients:
- Consider others and head to the slopes only completely healthy, stay at home in case you feel unwell. If you have any symptoms associated with Covid-19, call a health center or hospital emergency department. The most common symptoms of coronavirus are high temperature, cough, sore throat, headache, and shortness of breath.
- Two people are allowed in the T-bar lifts only when they are related or from the same party.
- In chair lifts a distance of at least one meter must be kept, or one must travel only with family or members of the same party.
- In covered chairlifts and the gondola lift travel is only allowed with family or members from the same party.
- All rental gear, including helmets and poles, are cleaned with disinfectant after each use.
- At the moment ski goggles will not be rented.
- All ski resorts under Finnish Ski Area Association will carefully follow all the latest guidelines and orders given by the health authorities.
- Hand disinfectant is available in all places possible.
- Cleaning is enhanced in all customer and staff areas.
- Finnish Ski Area Association recommends the Occupational Health Institute’s guidelines for cleaning to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
- Personnel have been advised to prioritize hygiene. Keyboards and other tools are cleaned regularly.
- If necessary, the number of customer seats in restaurants will be reduced. Buffet type meals will be minimized.
- Ski-busses will reduce the number of customers taken on at once.
- If necessary, the ski resort will limit the number of ski passes sold to avoid overcrowding.
- Purchasing ski passes online in advance is recommended in order to avoid any excess contact.
- For the time being, any larger competitions and public events at the ski resort will be cancelled.
- If necessary, restaurants, cafes, rental shops and other public spaces will be closed.
- If the authorities close the ski resort, the remaining share of unused Ski passes and rental equipment will be refunded to customers. In such a situation, customers should be directly in contact with the place of purchase of the ski passes and/or rental equipment. At this stage, season cards or season rentals will no longer be refunded.
- The ski resorts and the Finnish Ski Resort Association actively monitor the situation and act according to the instructions of the authorities.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19, visit the Finnish institute for health and welfare website